Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 9: June 24 2011

Hey family how everyone doing??!!! It sounds like Summer is treating everyone well. It sounds like everyone is keeping each other busy in some way or another. Kelsie I heard you are dancing a lot. This sounds really fun haha. I am glad that everyone is doing well in school. I hope everyone's summer is the best!!!

This week in the MTC has been great. We got our travels plan on Wednesday and we do leave on July 4th!!! Our travel group is only with 6 of us. Elder Davis and I and then 4 Japanese elders. I am really excited but at the same time a little nervous to leave the country. We fly to Portland and then have I think a four our lay over. That is the time that I will be able to call you. I need to find out all of the rules of that. I will let you know for sure what it going on next week. After Portland we fly to Tokyo!!!! I think we have a two hour lay over in Tokyo and then we fly to Sapporo. This surprised me because I thought I was going to take the bullet train up to Sapporo. Its alright I am really excited to fly into Tokyo. For us in the MTC everything is slowing down. All of us really want to leave and get out into the mission field. I am so excited but I know that it is going to be so hard.When we got our travels I was really excited. I think is like a day and a half of traveling haha. I will also have to figure my luggage situation. I am confident that I will fine with it. If not I might have to wear my snow coat onto to the plane haha.

So this week all of the new mission presidents came in. The mtc has been crazy all this week. On Wednesday we helped host the new missionaries. I think 600 new missionaries came in. OH Yeah this morning I had to go to the frnt desk to resolve a problem with our room. When I went to the front desk Elder Russel Nelson was standing right by me!!!! He talked to me for a little while and asked me where I was going on my mission. It was really cool to talk to an Apostle for a little while. Also today we have a special fireside!!!! That is all that they are telling us. I am so excited for this fireside and get to see who is speaking during it. After the fireside i get to meet my mission president. I am lucky because there are only 6 missionaries going to Sapporo. This means I will probably get to talk to him for a while. Ill have to make sure I give him a good first impression haha.

This week we have been trying to learn as much as we can until we leave. I need to work as hard as I can in these last week so I can be as prepared as I can for Japan. My problem still is speaking everyday life stuff. I feel like I can speak the gospel stuff alright. Everything else is really challenging. I went to the temple for the last time this morning. It was a good experience for my last time at the temple. If a miracle happens and the Sapporo temple gets built before I leave I will get to go to it. I am expecting thought that is not going to happen though haha. This week we are teaching lesson 1 and I am really excited about it. I finally have the first vision memorized in Japanese. It is so long and it made me happy when I finally memorized it!!!! Other than that we just have class for another week and teach another lesson.

I have been playing soccer everyday and I always look for Mandie and Scott driving around. I am surprised that I haven't seen them yet. I funny story that happened this week. I was walking back from the Mtc. I was at the light and a yellow jeep pulled by me. They then shouted and said hey take this!!! It was a bag full of taco BEL!!!!!! I don'[t think I haven't been that excited for a long time!!!!

Everything is going well here!!! TRYING to finish everything before I leave. I love you and hope all is well!!!
Love Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment