Friday, June 10, 2011

Week 7: June 10!!!!

Family how is everyone doing?!!!!! It sounds like everyone is doing great and keeping them selfs busy. The best time of the year is right now and so love it haha!!! Thank you for all the support and love that I get from everyone. So funny story and went to the temple this morning and was sitting on the bench waiting for my district. When all of a sudden I heard someone honk and yell something haha. I had no idea what was said but I then realized it was Tara Bushman!!! I don't think I have seen a car fly out of the temple so fast haha. It took me a while to realize who it was. That made really happy haha. So I heard Nadal won the French Open (ugh). Mandie I hope you realize that Nadal will soon be the worst tennis player ever haha. Dad thank you for sending me those pictures via email. If you can could you send them by mail? I want to have as many pics of family and friends before I leave. Kelsie so I hear you are really busy with dance!!! That is so cool your are starting the best times of you life in High School. YOu just need to realize that dancing is nothing compared to basketball haha!! I wish you luck with everything going on with that. Oh Yeah Scott I hope you have a great birthday on Sunday!!! Make sure you do something fun like skydiving or bungi jumping. Im sorry to hear about CRaig. Things will all will work out I had a comforting feeling when I thought about this this week. If you get a chance tell hello from me. Well I hope all is well with the family and everyone has a good week.

It has been another successful week in the MTC. Taylor came in on Wednesday and it was really good to see him. He looked really excited but I could tell he was a little shocked in the beginning. I am teaching the Plan of Salvation tomorrow for the lesson. I am feeling pretty good about it. Last weeks lesson we taught a Japanese. It is was pretty epic because I couldn't understand him at all haha. HE would speak so fast and he would mumble. I then realzied that this is exactly how Japan is going to be. This was a good experience for me to see what I need to expect when I get there. For our task this week we are going to help someone with directions. Our Sensei wanted to play a game that would help us with directions. He basically took us outside and told of the companions to close there eyes. The other comapions was going to direct them where to go in Japanese. I have to be honest this was proabably the scariest thing I have done in my life. After Elder DAvis and I got good at it we wanted to go faster. Elder Lythgoe and Elder Wycoff wanted to race us. I don't think this was a smart idea. Eventually Elder Wycoff and I were running down the Mtc having no idea where to go. Elder Wycoff stopped and I ran in to him. Elder Davis said it was the funniest thing that he has ever seen in his life. When Elder Wycoff and I collided all of our flashcards exploded everywhere. When I opened my eyes I had no idea what happened. It was quite the experience. The only damage I had was a scrape on my knee and a little headache haha. I feel pretty prepared for the task this week haha.

This month all of the new mission presidents are coming to the MTC. Everyone is expecting to hear from the prophet sometime this week. This last tuesday we had Elder KIkuchi talk. He is a native from Japan. This talk got me really excited because he told us about his conversion story. He was from Sapporo ALSO!!! It got me really excited to go to Japan and preach the gospel. This week we are getting Nihonge Elders. I am extremly excfited because I will actually be able to talk to them this time. Last time they came I could only ask them basic things like what is your name? where are you from etc. This monday I will only have three more weeks in the MTc. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel haha. There is a lot of things I feel like I need to do before I can leave. I have so many vocab flashcards that I have to feel out. I don't think I will ever feel prepared to go to Japan. My district feels like we have been friends forever. I then realize it has only been 8 weeks. I can already see that I will be friends with them for the rest my life after my mission. This week has been really good with a lot of hard work. Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts during this time. I love you all and I hope you have a fun summer week!!!
Love, Maughan Choro

**Note to reader... the person in the car this morning stalking Matt at the temple indeed was Tara Bushman, as well as my mom. Leave it to these two. They have yet to surprise me what they will not do! They had binoculars and all trying to get a picture of Matt (which will be posted here shortly). I am completely surprised that my mom did not run up to him (just knowing her). Love you Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment