Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 8: June 17th 2011

Hey family!!!! How is everyone doing? This week has gone by really fast I can't believe it is Pday already. Dad I hope you have a GREAT Father's day on Sunday!!!! You deserve a day for you. There should be a whole month dedicated to you haha. You do and have done so much for me and our family. So with that I hope you have a great Sunday and I will be thinking about you. Oh yeah dad you asked me about the Sapporo temple being built. What I have heard is that it won't be finished before I leave. I think this was because of the affects on the earthquake. This fine but it would be really cool if they could finish it before I left. It sounds like Kelsie is a little crazy!! Dancing all day and then going to girls camp!!!??? That means someone is dedicated haha. That reminds me of when i WENT to efy and had a basketball camp in the morning. I would have to leave efy and go to the basketball camp pretty early in the morning. I would play for about five hours and then go back to efy. I remember Jon Browne and I would be sleeping during our classes because we were so tired haha. I still think Kelsie tops me on that though haha. I can't believe how fast everything is going here in the MTC. I basically only have two more weeks until I leave. I am so excited to go to Japan and start my mission haha. The only thing that I might have to figure out is I don't want to pay extra money for my luggage haha. I have heard missionaries that wore all of their snow gear so their luggage can be a little lighter haha. I might have to do this. If that is the only thing that I am worried about I will be fine.

Every Wednesday the new missionaries come. I got to host this week and it was really fun to help the new missionaries move in. Later that day I found out that I got two Japanese roommates. I was so excited to meet them and try to talk to them. One of them speaks English really well and so he helps me when I have a question. This week I realized that I can't really talk in Japanese when it revolved around everyday life. I feel okay when it comes to lessons and other stuff. BUT everyday stuff I found that is going to take a while to get used too. But with these missionaries I hope I can practice and improve a lot more. This got me really excited to go to Japan because they are such nice people.

I got that letter from Yusaku. It was so cool to hear from him again. I think I am going to start writing him because I have his address. Who knows I might write in Japanese. That a reason why I am so excited to go to Japan. Yusaku was such a nice person. I don't think I have met an angry Nihonge. But I am sure I will meet some haha. Something that I have noticed is that they all love my Kobe Bryant and Suzuki Ichiro jerseys. I love always seeing there reactions when I wear them.

This next week is when all of the new mission presidents come in. I am excited for this because this is when the first presidency and the apostles come. Everyone is hoping that the prophet will talk at the fireside. IT is just a rumor but I hope he does haha. Also it would be really cool if I got to meet my mission president. I am going to be first set a missionaries for my new mission president. AHHHHH I am so excited to go to Japan!!!

It sounds like everyone else is really busy with school and work. That is a good sign I guess haha. I always think after my mission I have to start doing all the hard things in my life. Everyone keep it up you are all good examples to me.

I always see a lot of people that I know in the MTC. Friends from highs school and college. It is fun to see where all of them are going on their missions. All of us are going to have such crazy stories when we get back.

Family I am having a good time here at the MTC. Most of the weeks are the same so nothing really new is happening. Ill I know is that I am going through this time for a reason to prepare me for Japan. I want you all to know that I have a strong testimony of this church. That I know why I am going to Japan. The reason I am doing this is because I believe in the church and what it stands for. I love you all and thank you for the support!!! Tell me how everything is going!!!


Ai Elder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment