Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 6: June 3rd 2011

How is everyone doing? I hope this last week has been a good one. I need to know what is going on in everyone's life. I need something exciting here in the MTC. I hope all is well and everyone is enjoying the summer life!! Something funny that happened this morning was a dropped my wallet in the toilet. It wasn't funny when it happened because I had to hurry and grab it out of the toilet. Everyone thought something happened to me because I basically screamed when it happened. I hope everyone had a good memorial day with the Maughans. I thought about that on memorial day. I was grateful for all of the experiences that we have with them.

This past week has been really good. I feel a lot more comfortable with teaching the lessons in Japanese. There is still a lot of improvement but I feel like I can get my point across. That has been basically what we have been doing this whole week. Practicing the first lesson in Japanese. In the beginning of the week I was getting a little frustrated because my companion would never let me talk during the lesson. One time when we were teaching I was frustrated and couldn't teach with the spirit. Afterward I told him my concerns and I feel like it has improved. I feel like he always wants to talk haha. When I taught my first lesson in Japanese I was really nervous. I then realized who cares if I mess up. I feel like this has helped a lot during teaching the lessons. Even if I don't make sense haha. After I was done with lesson it was the coolest because I realized that I just taught a lesson in Japanese!!! I am excited to keep improving every week.

WE had our weekly fireside on Tuesday night. I was really tired and it was hard for me to concentrate during this talk. Afterward we had our district testimony meeting about the talk. I was worried because I didn't feel like I got that much out of it. When I bore my test6imony the spirit was so strong. I shared the poem that grandma Morris sent me. You should get it from her and read it. I was wondering why did I feel the spirit like that. I didn't focus on the talk and I still got something out of it. I guess the spirit works in mysterious ways. What I got out of it is that even when I am tired I still need to focus and listen to everything. I feel like our district is becoming really close. We have district prayer every night. It has been weird not being the district leader anymore. I have had more time to study and do other things. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I had to serve as the district leader.

This last Wednesday we got the new elders going to Japan. I was really excited because that meant that I was going to get two new roommates. It so happens that there were short two missionaries. I didn't new roommates after all. IT alright though because that means I get my own drawers and bed haha. A lot of the new missionaries seemed really down the first couple of days. I tried to encourage them and tell that everything is going to be alright. The most excited part about the new missionaries coming means that I only have five more weeks until I leave. I am really excited to get out of here and eat real food haha. Speaking of that I went to the temple this morning and ate at the cafeteria after. It was the first time that I felt like I was eating real food in over 2 months. I basically was crying when I was eating it haha.

Because most of the missions are getting new mission presidents supposedly the first presidency is coming this month. Every Sunday and Tuesday night we are waiting for an apostle or the President Monson. I just hope that we don't get disappointed haha. It is going to be cool though because right when I get into my mission my mission president does also. I will be able to come in with him and leave when he is still the president.

I am loving every second of the MTC and I grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord. Thank you for praying and helping me through the hard times. I love you all!!!!!!!

Your missionary Elder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment