Sunday, November 6, 2011

Long time since post! But here is October 9

Hey dad Happy birthday once again!!!!!! I hope you have a great birthday with your cookie monster pants haha. I sent you letter last week so it should be coming soon. I am glad to hear that everyone had fun on the hikke this week!!! October already wow how times flies by!! I am glad to hear that everyone is staying busy and having fun. I am trying to do that at the same time haha. I was amzed with all of the good conference talks. If I could I would watch them all over again. I also realized that the church is spreading everywhere. Every six months it seems like new temple are being anoounced. It is amazing!!! I love it. I hope everyone loved conference like I did.

This week has been good!! On sunday and Saturday I got to watch conference. I watched it on a laptop at the church with elder Peterson. It was such a great conference and I learnded alot of things for me. There were so many wonderful talks and it would be difficult to choose a favorite. But I really like Elder Richard G scotts talk about scriptures. That whenever you need a friend close by you have a scripture. I will for sure apply this in my missionary life. I will never know when I will need these scriptures in my pocket. I also really like Priesident Monsons talk about when you was deicated the german temple. I thought that was an amzing story. It was the story when you had a feeling to call on of the german brothers to talk at the didcation. The thing was he wasnt there at the meeting. That brother was somewhere else but then he had a feeling to hurry and get to the temple. Right when he arrived he heard that President Monson announced his name to speak. I thought this was a miracle and itw as because President Monson listened to the spirit. I loved conference and I need to review my notes so I can ge3t more incites into it.

By the means of Mission work it was been good!!! Right now we dont have any strong inverstigators and it is a little hard. I am sure that in the upcoming weeks we will find some investigators. But yeah we have been looking for investigaroes everyday. The people will accept this gospel sooner or later!!! But it makes me so gratful for this gospel. Since I have come on my mission have been more grateful for this gospel. Everyday I trying to find new people to bring into this church. The prophecies have come true that the gospel will be taken to all of the world. I am loving that the world is expanding and accepting the goespel. Some of the people are just not ready right now!! but anyways this week we have been lokking for investigators, Japn will be the gateway for alot of the other counteries in asia!!

Peterson choro and I are doing well!!! In the beginning of the week he had a fever so it was diffult in the beginning. But now he is doing better so we can focus more on the work. He is a good elder his dad is the military so he has traveled alot around the world. At the same time he has a really crazy personality haah. Sometimes I laugh just because it is way funny. The language is still Japanese and it will take time. I feel like the majority of the time I understand what is going on. My hear just need to keep adjusting to this language. This week we found out that every tuesday for district meeting we will be going to Asaikawa. It is proably the second biggest city in Hokkaido besided Sapporo. It is fun to travel and practice with the other missionaires in our district. That will be fun to be able to do that until the rest my time here in Shibetsu. I heard that is getting cold in Utah is that true!!! Shibetsu is usually good until night and then it gets really cold!! But I heard that Shibetsu gets the most snow in the winter in Hokkaido. I will probably leave before it starts snowing and gets too bad haha. I am not really worried about the weather yet but we will see when it hits. Oh yeah this week we had two new students come to English Class. THis is a huge thing to happen because lately we have been able to find anyone to come. We now have five in our english class and it is really fun!!! Shibetsu is great and it will always be my first area and i will always have a special feeling toward Shbietsu.

Well I love everyone and all of their support. I am so grateful for everyone and their examples. If anyone anyone wants to talk just email me haha. I will listen and proabable write back haha. I love you all!!!!! Have a good week!!!
Elder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment