Sunday, November 6, 2011

November 6!

Hey family!!!! Happy birthday Kelsie and Nikki this week!!! Must of been great party for Nikkis birthday. Everyone looks happy and the same haha. I hope Kelsie and Nikki have a great birthday this week!! I sent something for both of you Probably wont get it on your birthday though. Nothing big but I hope you like it. I am grateful for both of you and I will be thinking you both this week!!! It sounds like everyone is doing great. Man I would do anything to watch dad get a shot!!! I remember video taping him when he got a flu shot haha. Sorry dad but to me I think it is really funny that we are scared of shots. I am also a baby when it comes to shots haha. I always rememver mom randomly saying hey lets get some ice cream!!! I said ok that sounds great!!! Then I realized that the baskin robbins looks different than I remember. Every year tricked me to get a flu shot haha. I also remember trying that on Dad and once he realized where we were going he tried to get out of the car!! haha Funny times sometimes I think our whole family is babies when it comes those stuff!!!

It has been another good week here in Samurai Shibetsu!! The weather has been actually really good this week. In the day the weather is about perfect and then at night it gets a little chilly. That is good though because I was expecting it to be snowing by now. Usually it snows in November here in Hokkaido. Everyone in Shibetsu is getting ready for the winter. ALl of the people have to wrap up there trees so that they dont die. But yeah shibetsu has been good yo!!

It sounds like it is the pretty time in Utah right now. When the leaves change is my favorite time of the year. It is kinda of doing the same thing here!!! But I still think Utah is the best place in the world haha.
Shibetsu is great but the only down side it has a terrible smell!! haah I cant even describe it. It smeells like rotten peanut butter and it is everywhere we go!!! If you really want to see how it is mix some peanut and milk and then put it in the microwave haha. I am sorry but that is usually what I am talking about when I am outside haha. It is terrible.

This week we made a lot of appointments for the next week. I feel like this was truly a blessing from the Lord. In the previous weeks it was a little harder to make appointments. But this week it seemed like they were so just rolling. I just hope that this week all of these appointments come thoruhg. THis week we found someone that I was really excited for. She is a mom and recently was divorced. She seemed really interested in the message and we made an appointment for this thurday. I feel really confident that she can become a strong investigator!!! _This made me really happy and I hope all works with this appointment. Other than that I have been loving Shibetsu. This week is transfers so we will see if I transfer out of Shibetsu. Usually after three transfers you transfer. But who knows I can see myself staying another transfer. I should be getting the call tomorrow haha. I just want to find out already haha. Until then I will focus on what I need to do!!! If I do transfer I will always remember all of the experiences in Shibetsu. But until then I will go all I can in Samurai Shibetsu!!!

Every week we visit a less active member in Nayoro!!! I think I told you about him before. But he has a bone disease where he cant really move and function on his own. There has been countless of time where we helped him. We have given him a blessing, changed his clothes, and visit with him every week. From these experiences I am grateful for the health that I have. I couldnt even imagine if this was my case. Everyday I bike and walk around the city. I am so grateful for this oppurunity and for all I have. Whenever times get hard I think of all the things that I have. That I can teach this gospel, I can ride a bike, and etc. I think all of us can apply this in our lives. When times get hard always remember all of the things we have. This especially has helped me here in Shibetsu. I also realize that our trials are nothing compared to others. If I feel like I am having a hard time in reality I am really not!! I have learned alot on my mission but that is something specific that I learned. No matter how hard things get Jesus Christ suffered for all of us. I am grateful for the testimony I have a jesus christ!!!!

Life is about the same though right now!!! Everyweek I am trying to improve from the week before. I always need to stay motivated to learn this language and share the gospel with others!!! I am so grateful for this oppurunity and that I get to serve in Sapporo. Frozen Chosen!!!!!!

I love you all and I hope everyone has a great week and great birthdays!!!!!

Love Elder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment