Sunday, November 6, 2011

October 30

Hello family!!!! It is great to hear what is happening back at home!! Some funny and interesting things that I heard. I heard a little about DAds experience at Lake Poweell I will need details later. I also laughed when I heard about the mouse in Scott and Nikkis apartment!!! I can see that situation in my mind right now haha. I have seen any crazy animal yet but there are really huge spiders!!! The biggest I have ever seen haha!! It sounds like everyone is doing great and staying out of trouble maybe Kelsie haha?

This week was awsome!! On friday we had our mission conference and then on Saturday we had the temple ground breaking for the temple. It was basically a three day event because on thurdsay all day we traveled to Sapporo. The temple site is so amazing and it is big too. Before they had problems starting the temple involivning something with a nearby college. It took a while to resolve but they are starting to build it. But sorry to say I dont think it will be done before I come home haha. Who knows the Japanese are hard workers so anything can happen. The groundbreaking ceremony was great. It was about a hour and half long and it was raining the whole time. It was great to see what missionary work is doing to Sapporo!!!

The mission conference was really good too!!! It was my first time to see all of the missionaries in the field. I learned alot again at the meetings and I am always grateful for all the missionaries and President and sister Evans. It was Presidnet Evans birthday and everyone got presents for him. We all surprised him right before the ground breaking ceremony!!! He was really surprised he thought we were doing a spirtual preparation for the meeting. But when we came we all surprised him haha. After the surprise party we had a testimony meeting for the missionaries that are returning home. Alot of good missionaries are going home this next transfer and it is going to be sad to see thim go honme. They were really good examples to me and if I can become like them I wont have to worry about anything.

When we returned to shibetsu and was excited to start the missionary work again. This week we actually taught a student from our english class. She has become a new investigator and we will focus on her down the line. This week we didnt have that much time to proselty but with the time we had it was good. I am trying to find new ways to try to find people. It seems like something new needs to happen in order to find people. I have done all of Shibetsu!!! Whereever I go now I have already done it before haha. There are some times when people recognize me from before. It is really funny but then again the people are not excited to see me again haha.

Last monday we actually had a pretty crazy experience. It was about 700 pm and we were knocking on doors. We knocked on somedoors and the people were really nice. I then knocked on the last house on the block. An old man answered and then just slammed the door!! I was like okay I am used to that haha. We returned to our bikes and started to go to our next area. After a couple minutes I realized that a car was following us haha. I told my companion and then he started to get scared. I was like oh well lets keep going!!! Then all of suddent he car past us and then pulled over. It was the crazy old man!! haha He was yelling this Japanese that both of us could not understand!! He was so angry and it looked like he wanted to fight. I told Elder Peterson lets just keep going. We past him on the bikes and then turned to the next street. We realized that he was still following us haha. I decided we should proably go to the police so we will go away. We rode the police station and then went inside!!! The man then went away. We told the police what happended and they didnt really do anythinga bout it haha. It was scarier at the time but now I look back and it was awesome!!!! I am glad to be a misisonary!!!

Even though that man was chasing us I knew I was protected and that nothing would happen. I am grateful for that experience!!! This week has been good and I am sure I will have some miracles to tell you about next week. I love you all and I grateful for everyone and their support!!! Remember to do all the smaall things like read the scriptures, pray, andd send me letters and everything will be okay. I love you all and I glad to say that you guys are my family!!!!

Love Elder Maughan
It was good to hear that Zach got his mission call!!! Wow I cant believe they are already getting there mission calls. Wow everything is going by so fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment