Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 17: August 28

Family it was good to hear from you once again. It sounds like everyone had a fun but busy week at school. School is always fun for the first couple weeks and then it gets to you haha. I am glad to hear that everyone's week went well and that going to school again haha. Mandie that is so crazy that you are an elementary school teacher. If your students are anything like I was you are in trouble haha. WE have this investigator that we taught and he has a boy that is two. Wherever I see little kids it reminds me of you teaching them haha. That is awesome that Grandma is living with us now!!1 Right when I leave it is like a party 247 at the Maughan house.

This week has been good!! Yesterday President Evans and Sister Evans came to Shibetsu to meet the members of the branch. I really enjoyed this experience and how the branch members really look up to President Evans. President Evans also asked me if I was ready for a Japanese Companion. I told I am and so we will see what happens. I was excited but nervous and the same time we will see what happens. I want to improve more with my language. If I get a Japanese elder then I will improve a lot more and a lot quicker. I am not to frustrated about the language though. I do feel like I am improving more and more each week. My goal is by Christmas I can show all of my hard that I have been doing with the language. This week I found out that when we tract and proselyte when the people see that I am white they walk away or shut the door right away haha. Tamashiro choro and I are trying to find ways to hide me while he is contacting people haha. I had another instance I knocked on a door and a grandma came out. \right when she came out she said I don't understand English. I told her it was okay because I can speak Japanese. Ha ha it was really funny if you are American they don't expect you to speak Japanese at all. Japan is set up so any American can come and function. Don't really need to know that much to get around. They the signs in Kanji and then in English it is interesting to see how much influence we have over here. I heard that it is really hot in Utah. It is the same here in Shibetsue. Somedays it is so brutal and other days it will not stop raining. It is okay though because I get to enjoy the nature of Shibetsu. I am enjoying this area as long as I can because no other area is like this in Hokkaido. Elder Tamshiro was telling me how rare it is to start out your mission in Shibetsu.

This week I found out that next week we have basically a mission conference. We have a conference with half the mission. I am excited because I will be able to see more the island in the fullest. Our last zone conference was really fun also.

I am reading Jesus the Christ still and I am half way through it. It is such a good book and I am loving reading it. Personal study is probably my favorite part of the day. I get to learn new things everyday and that is why I love it. I encourage everyone to try to have there own personal study everyday. From what it sounds like Mom is doing a great job with this. That is awesome to hear that Rhett Ahlander is back from his mission. All of those friends are home and that is really weird to think. All of them were really good examples to me and I excited when I get back and I can talk to them again.

We go to a near by city called Nayoro two times a week. In order to get there we ride the train and then we get there one of the members lets us ride her bikes. This week we lost the key that locks up the bike. We felt really bad about this. But the thing was we left the bike at the train station. We needed to return the bike before we went back to Shibetsu. So I basically had to carry the bike to there house. It looked like I was stealing a bike haha. Especially if you are Japanese and you see an American carrying around the city. It was really hard and funny and the same time. It is crazy to think how small of things can ruin your day. I decided to get over it and keep moving on. That is what we all need to do not worry about the small things or bike key that can ruin your day. I had a good rest of the day and we taught a lot lessons. I feel like that wouldn't have happened if I was discouraged and grumpy. I have a good time here and working has hard has I can. I love you all of a good week and don't let the little things ruin your day!!!

Elder Rainman Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment