Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 12: July 18~!!

Family it has been another good week here in Shibetsu. A lot of hard work has happened this week. I got my bike so I was way pumped about that!!! I feel like the king of the world on that thing. I then I realized it is not that cool after I got tired haha. Dad you are right if I could compare it to a city it would proably be Monticello haha. Except I would have to say that shibetsu is a lot bigger. I am still trying to adjust to everyone staring at me all the time. If I wasn:t a missionary I would probably make a face at them or something. It sounds like our family is doing great!!! Mandie I heard that you are setting up your classroom!!! That is so crazy all of us are so old but some are younger than others haha. Everyone sounds like they are having a great summer!! I have to admit there are times that are extremly hard but I am having the time of my life also.

We have a couple investigators that are pretty strong!! Both of them come to church and I hope that they can keep progressing. Whenever you ask anyone about God they say they are Buddhist and move on. The funny thing is they say that they are buddhist but most of the people dont know anything about the reiligion. It is just a Japan Culture thing and they dont want to break it. I had an experience where I older Japanese man was telling us that we were extremly rude. He then was bashes America and our beliefs. I was frustrated but afterward I was wow I am actually serving a mission. It felt good to get rejected like that haha!!!! Elder Tamshiro is really cool and he keeps trying to help me with the language. I am trying to listen as much as possible during talk.

Mom here is my usual routine everyday. We wake exercise for 30 minutes(perfect pull up oh yeah\!!!!), eat breakfast, and then have personal study for a hour. I then have companionship study for 2 hours and the language study. Have language we have a quick lunch and then start tracking or housing. When we have an appointments we go to those also. AT 6 or later we usually have dinner. We then work until nine to nine 30. We then have planning at 930. I wirite in my journal and then go to bed. That is basically my schedule except one time a week we have district meeting, weekly planning, and other stuff. The fun thing that we have is we teach english classes to local people. I dont think I have laughed so hard in my life our last class. I was trying to explain to them words like oath and beverage haha it was really funny!!!!

I got to serve a day with the zone leader Elder Gandy. This was a really experience to learn from him and see what he does. He was the happiest missionaries that I have ever met. That is goal for me is always be as happy as I can. Today we are going to a waterfall for Pday. I am reallly excited we have to go on a train to get there. THe days are preety slow here but I am expecting for them to start to spped up. I havent been able to teach alesson yet because the people are just not interested. I know that if I keep working ang become diligent I will be able to teach someone eventually. During church one the members child got baptized. They dont have a batismal font so they used basically a portable pool. It was funny when I saw it but I realized you need to what you need to do. I love this church and our members here in Shibetstu.

I try to have fun everyday and also work.Sometimes it is hard because there is nothing to do haha. I love it though and wouldnt change it for everything!!!!

I challenge everyone to try to feel the spirit everdya. President Evans say if we di tghis you know you have accomplished what you are supposed. I love you all and I am grateful to be a missioanry. THANKS for everything!!!!
Thank you everyone for all the supprt and the writing it has been great!!!!

L0ve ELDER Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment