Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week 11: First week in Japan! July 11, 2011

Hey family how is everyone doing??!!! I hope everyone is enjoying there summer and having a blast!!! Well this has been quite a week haha. I could only write you a simple email last time to tell you that I made it safe. I still cant believe that I am living in Japan. I woke up in the middle of the night realizeing exactly where I am. SO the area that I am is call Shibetsu. It is the smallest area in all of Sapparo。 I would doubt in the all of Japan. But it is so pretty and there is a lot of farming. The city is pretty small but at the same time there is alot of people. IT is really hard to try to understand anything haha. But i knew that is was going to happen haha. Whenever someone talks to me I have no idea what they are saying haha. The people are so polite and nice. YOu can tell whenver someone is not interested in our message but they listen to us anyways. It is also weird that I am like the only American in within 100 miles probably haha. I havent seen a white since I left Sapporo haha. The best part is the people know exactly who we are. Especially because the city is pretty small they see us aroung quite a bit. Also whenever they see a white person they know it revolves around Religion haha.

My companions name is tamashiro choro he is from Hawaii and he is really cool. He speaks English and Japanese and he is a good missionary. My problem is because he speaks English sometimes we dont speak Japanese as much as we should. This week I am going to work on this so I can improve in the language. I did my first contact basically by myself. I was really proud because I understood everything that the man said. I got rejected hardcore but it was fun to actually contact someone. I can usually say what I want to say but whenever they start talking to me I have no idea what they are saying. I know that I will improve because that is all I can do!!! I teach the gospel and study the langauge 24/7。. I hope that we can get more appointments this week so I can practice me teaching on inverstigatiors. I met our ward yesterday and all the people are really cool. IN our branch we have I think 15 people at the most. I gave a talk and just inroduced myself and bore my testimony. It was good to met them and I am looking forward to working with them.

I havent had any intersting food yet. Basically just rice and eggs haha. I am excited to try more food when I get the oppurtunity. I am was suprised of how much english is influenced here in Japan. Most of the bigger signs have Kanji and then it has English. But then most of none the people can read it. It is interesting how much influence America has on Japan. sometimes we ride the train to go to the near by city called Nayoro. It is fun to see all of the sites.

There was this parade for all of these middle school students. They all made these floats and all of this stuff. But when they say me and my companion they were all going crazy because I was American. It is really weird but funny and that the same time. The only people that like us are the older ladies and younger kids hahah. I am loving being a missioanry and learning every
thibg I am. I just need to stay patient with this language and know that it will come eventyally.

I havent been able to get a bike yet becasue they have no bike shops in Shibetsu. But this week I will be ordering a bike through the mission home in _Sapporo. I think I will be also purchasing an electronic ictionary some time soon. If that is a problem I wont buy it. aNYways I am doing great with everything. I have eaten so much being here surprisely I eat a lot of rice haha.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and lovng Life!!! Make sure to always say your prayers and scripture study!!!!

Talk to you next Week!!!!
Love, ELder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment