Monday, May 9, 2011

Week 1 April 29: OB la Di ob la da life goes on yeah!!!!

What is up my kazoku (family). I hope all is well in Lindon and in Provo. It is funny how when I go on my temple walks I can see Scott and Nikki's apartment. I told my district that I live so close to the MTC and that my brother lives two minutes away haha. Today is my first P day and I enjoying the break that I have. The stress throughout the weeks is more than I have ever experienced before. As I told you guys before I was called to be the district leader. I was shocked becasue I am one of the ones struggling in Japanese the most. I think this is becasue about 75 % of the elders in our district has studied Japanese before they got here. Probably the best elder speaking Japanese is my companion Elder Davis. He is a really cool guy and you always wants to work hard haha. I want to work hard of coursse but I think he over worked me in the first couple days haha. I need to learn to settle my differences with me and him and I will be fine.

I wanted thank all of you for writing and sending me packages!!! My roommates were a little jealous with all of the stuff that I got. I am sharing all the stuff with them becasue there is no way I could eat all of that haha. Thank Bonnie for me for sending the cookies they were delicious. Scott and Nikki I got your letter that you left in my bag. I didn't find it until I got a letter from you guys saying where you put it haha. Mom and Dad I am grateful for your comfort in this week I needed it!! This week we have been learning and teaching the first discussion of Preach my gospel. It has been great for me to dig deeper into this lesson and find the things that are really important. In language study we have been going over a lot of things. I can now say that I can say a prayer and bear a simple testimony in Japanese. We have also learned contactiong this week. This is just an example Watashitachi wa matijitsu seito Iesu Kirisuto Kyokai no senkyoshi des. ( We ae missionaries from the Church og Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints). I have learned so much in this first week of the MTC. So much more than that Japanese for Dummies for book. (that was useful haha). My favorite word that I have learned in Japanese is tonikaku which means anyway!!! When ever I am joking around and then want to switch back to missionary things I say TONIKAKU!!!!!!!! We have even got our sensei's to say it.

We have gym everyday and of course I make it rain on the basketball court haha. They say that gym is the most used gym in the entire world. I think I am going to start doing P90X again so I dont lazy and fat. If that is possible. Elder Davis and I room with sempeis which are older missionaries that are about to go into the field. They are really funny and I try to help us as much as possible. I know quite a people hear in the MTC. Friends that I went to Pleasant Grove and BYU Idaho. Even more are coming in this week. The food is really good but I feel that I getting sick of it already. SO I can't even imagine how it is going to be in 11 weeks. I was surprised when they said that my departure date was on JULY 4 becasue I thought I would be leaving around July 20th. I am so excited to go to Japan and start my crazy adventure. The only little difficulty is learning Japanese haha. Our main sensei got married this week so we have had subs the whole week. I think there is like 15 teachers and we have had 10 of them. It has been a little difficult with all of the teachers haha. I want all you to know that I am grateful to be a missionary. I challenge all of you to live like a missionary even when your not. Read the scriptures daily, pray, and live gospel of Christ. I know as we do this we will be blessed. I am sorry if any of this didn't make sense I had to type so fast.

I love you all!!!!! Matt the chosen one Maughan Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment