Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week 2 May 6: Another week another dollar

Hello family!! MOm happy mother's day this Sunday!!! I wish I could have breakfast in bed instead I just have the MTC food haha. It was good for the first week but I think I could use Taco Bell now!! Mom I hope you have a great mother's day!!! Let it be a day a relaxation and bossing people around haha. The best part about mother's day is when we all go sing to you to early in the morning. Especially Dad's singing skills I think he has been watching American Idol too much. Anyways I hope you have a good day becasue you deserve it. You mean everything to me and I Love YOu!!! Thank you once again for all the support that you are giving me. I have food coming out my eye balls right now haha. I think I will be throwing a killer party with all my food soon. Thanks for giving me tips and encouragement because sometimes I need it. Also thanks DAd for the updates it is a good relief at the end of the day. Thanks Kelsie for writing I forgive you for not writing me last week haha.

This week has gone slow and fast at the same time. Sometimes the days seem so long but then I realize that the week goes fast. I have been working hard and still trying to find the best way to study. Scott if you have any advice on study tips on how you learned Portugese that would be great. We tried to do an English fast yesterday and only speaking Japanese. That basically meant that I was quiet most of the time haha. My companion is really good at it though. I think he decided to only speak Japanese here on out. Whenever I ask him a question he always responds in Japanese. It gets frustrating sometimes when he won't tell me anything in English. I know it will help but our teacher didn't really recommend to do that utni week 8,9. I am trying my best and I am realizing that I am learning Japanese. One of the hardest languages for an English person to learn. I am having fun at the same time.

We had a missionary in my districrt that was really struggling. We would try to help the best that we can but it didn't really help. He went home this week and it was really to see him go. I can't even imagine quitting and going home. No matter how hard it will get I could never do that. When we all said goodbye to him he said the only reason that he stayed as long as he did was because our district. That made me feel pretty good. I just feel that he wasn't ready to serve a mission. The Japanese elders came this week too!! They are such nice people and really generous. When they saw me wearing my Suzuki Ichiro jersey they loved me. They don't speak any English and I only speak Japanese Gospel terms right now haah. It is still fun to try to communicate with them. There was a Korean elder that was with the Japanese elders. HIs japanese wasn't that good so our branch presidency put him in our district!!! He doesn't know English and doesn't know Japanese so I count blessings for sure. The more I learn about the Japanese I am more excited to get there. It has only been two week but I can't wait to get out there. I got to play on the field this week and we played kickball. It reminded me of the good ol elementary days. I think anything could be competetive with alot of missionaries. My testimony is growing evrday and I loving serving the lord. I love you all I hipe you have a good week!!!!
Love Matt!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment