Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Week 3: May 13

Hey family how is everyone doing? Thank you everyone for the support and the letters. MTC life is a lot easier when I get away from all of the work for a minute. Thanks everyone for the packages, news from the worlds, and everything else. I am really grateful for all of you. Things are about the same here in The MTC. I am working as hard as I can trying to learn this language. I have about 500 words on my flashcards to memorize. Haha whenever I am walking or doing anything I am studying my flashcards. This week has been really good. It went by really fast and it seems like I was just emailing you yesterday. This past week we have Elder Neal Andersen come to our fireside. It was such a great talk the firesides are the highlights of the week for me. I have heard Elder Dallin H oaks also. I hope that I will hear from another Apostle because I am in here for so long.

Our district is trying to speak as much Japanese as we can. It is tough for me because I only know gospel related words right now. I am trying to get better so i can have a normal conversation without gospel related stuff. I feel that I am improving and that is all I need to be worried about. Tomorrow for our task we are going to have to talk to someone for 15 minutes straight. I feel like we will do will because I think we are prepared. Kyle Asay one of my good friends left to his mission this week. It was fun to see how excited he was to leave. I am pretty sure that I will be going crazy the night I leave to Japan. I feel better about my companion this week. I just realized that he is different than me and I am going to just deal with it. He still talks japanese to me but most of the time i have no idea what he is talking about haha.

I watched the Joseph Smith movie this past week in Japanese. I can say that I caught a couple words in the movie. They talk so fast haha. The coolest thing that I realized this week is the gospel is true wherever in the world. Especially in Japan, we have the Japanese missionaries here and it made me realize how true the church is. They can't understand anything anyone is saying. They only understand Japanese and when we try to speak Japanese they don't understand us. I memorized my missionaries purpose in Japanese this week. It took me a while but it made me feel good when I finished. The next thing that I am going to work on is the first vision in Japanese. I am excited to start teaching in Japanese. All the sempai(older missionaries) say the language starts to make since more when you start teaching the lessons. I think in two weeks we start teaching in Japanese. I played soccer twice this week on the giant field. Scott you would be proud I scored twice in both days. It was funny because a lot of them are soccer players and somehow I made the two luckiest goals of my life.

I think I have already said this but the days seem so long sometimes but the weeks go by fast. Our district seems to be doing really good. We are all improving and try to be better everyday. Oh yeah mom I guess you tried to send me taco bell haha. When I received the package there was a note inside of it saying your fast food goods couldn't be delivered to you. It later said that it was thrown away or disposed of. I am pretty sure The MTC workers had a pretty good lunch haha. My district thought that was really funny when I read it. Thanks for trying it was great. Everyone needs to tell me whats going on in their lives. Even if it is boring I will read it for sure. My time is up and I hope everyone is doing great!!!!!

Love, Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment