Monday, May 23, 2011

Week 4: May 20th. ONE MONTH! (not that I'm counting...)

Hello Fmily!!! Mom I wanted to wish you a happy birthday today!!! I am sending you something but I am worried that it wont make it you on time. I hope you have a great birthday!!! Make sure you listen to the Beatles Birthday song for me. I hope you get an awesome breakfast in bed and with terrible singing haha.

How is the rest of my family doing? I hope everyone is doing well and successful in everything they do. I am sure that Kelsie is excited that school is winding down. I hope everyone is loving this rainy season haha. That is funny that Mandie kinda of saw me walking at the light. I always look for Scott and Nikki and Mandie. I feel like they live so close that I could see them really easy. Ill keep my eyes out haha.

Mom wanted to tell you guys how my schedule is. My schedule usually depends on the day. The longest and hardest days are Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. On these days we have 6 hours of class, 2 hours of language study, and 1 hour and 30 minutes of personal study. I also have 45 minutes of gym everyday but Friday and Sunday. Tuesday and Sundays we have firesides at night. The firesides and the temple are the highlights of my week. Also on Thursday we have service for 2 hours. Sunday is a really relaxed day. WE study a lot and go to sacrament, priesthood, temple walk, and fireside. That is usually my schedule every week. The hardest part for me to adjust was sitting around in the classroom for 11 hours +. I feel like I am getting used to it.

This week has been good once again. Like I say the days go so slow but the weeks go by so fast. It doesn't really make sense but oh well. I had a really spirtual experience this last week. It was during personal study and I was impressed to read 3 Nephi 11. While I was reading it I just broke down haha. I think my district thought that I was going to die. Reasons like that is why I go on a mission. Sometimes the days are really hard and disappointing but then other days I am on of the world. This next week we are going to start teaching the lessons in Japanese. I am excited about this but also nervous. All of the older elders tell me that the first week of teaching is always the hardest. So everyone should pray that I can get through this next week. Although it is going to be hard I can't wait to start teaching. Good news my companion still doesn't speak English to me haha. I think he is going to get interviewed by our branch president about this. The sempei are leaving to japan on Monday. It is going to be sad because I have become such good friends with them. We will have 1 week to our self until the new missionaries come in. That means that I am going to be the sempei. This kinda worries me because I feel like I don't know that much haha. I am excited because when the new elders come in I will be half way done in the MTC. I am so excited to go Japan and to start my adventure. I know I will be nervous but I still have a long way until that. I am trying to speak Japanese as much as possible. The challenge is changing the gospel vocab to all all day vocab. The only way that I can get better is by practicing and speaking the language. This is my last week being the district leader also. They switch half way in. It will be nice to have more time to study and do a lot more things. Although I make a lot of mistakes speaking this language I will only improve by speaking it. I am trying my best!!!! Thank you for all of your support and love!!!
I love you and have a good week
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment