Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Week 15: August 14

Hey family so how is Powell!!! IT has been fun seeing pictures of everyone and the boat. I heard you guys watched the pictures I sent haha. I hope you enjoyed my toilet pictures and all of that awesome stuff haha. I was really worried today that I wasn't going to be able to email today. So there has been a holiday here for the span of 2 something weeks. It is kinda of like Fourth of July in America. The end of the celebration was yesterday and today. Most of the stores are closed down and we were surprised when our store was open. Today and yesterday it has rained as much as I have ever seen in my life haha. We left our apartment today and got soaked and then came back and put on rain clothes haha. No wonder why Japan is so Green. It was fun to be soaking wet on a bike. It seemed like i WAS WAKE boarding. I was wet and I was pretty fast I even did a couple jumps.

Mom I loved that story that you sent to me. It was an awakening for me and made me realize how important everything is. I couldn't imagine how life could be if that happened. That missionary had such a good attitude and I need to have that attitude even today. No matter how hard the work gets it will not get that extent. I really liked that so thank you!!! Although everyone is at Lake Powell I am so grateful to be on a mission. We all know that is what needs to be done. Some days I don't think I can get through it but then I imagine a family waiting for the gospel. I want the Japanese to have what we have. I have only been here a month but I feel like most of the people are no happy with there life. I know that this gospel will bless them in there lives. That is where I come and Rhett and Michael we have chosen on our own to serve a mission. It was not anyone else's decision besides us. I am so grateful that I get to put on Jesus name every morning. Although most of people hear Jesus and don't want to do anything with it. I am so glad that I get to put on his name.

This week has been basically finding. All of our investigators except for one we have dropped. This week we hve been finding whenever we have time. This week is going to be about the same. I always love coming home is so tired and hitting bed haha. If we keep looking we will find people to teach. Transfer 1 is over tomorrow and it went by really fast. We think that both of our staying for the next transfer. This makes me happy because I don't want to leave Shibetsy yet. We will see though.
I am have been reading Jesus the Christ lately and I am learning so much more than I have thought I would. I love deeply studying Jesus Christ and all of the things that he did. It reminds me of why I am here and what I am doing.

The language is about the same and it alright. I feel like my listening skills have gotten better and that is awesome. We have put a punishment if we speak English. Because we are both Americans it is really hard to always speak Japanese. Our punishment is if we speak English we have to do 5 push ups. You add them all up and at the end of the day you do them all. This is the last thing you want to do when you get home because you are already so tired hah. I feel like it helps but it is not fun doing push ups haha. I am not going to worry too much about the language,. I am going to study, speak and ask questions and then it will come. I have seen this already help me a lot.

I am sorry to hear that you stepped on Bee if that is the worst that happens I think I will call it a successful trip.

So I saw that picture you sent me of this so called Dave!! He looks like a nub hahahahahahhahahah. Just kidding but seriously who is he??? He looks like a cool guy i am sure everyone is having fun haha. Any crazy things happen yet in Powell? I am sure something has happened there is some that always happen. I hope that family is doing great and having a lot of fun. Remember Lake Powell is only one time a year so I have fun. Thank you for all of the support and love and I think of all my loves in prayers!!!

Elder Maughan

No comments:

Post a Comment